- Assist Process Technicians during tool change, Remove/install existing tooling from machine and troubleshoot.
Major Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Become familiar with all safety equipment and follow established safety practices at all times
- Report all safety hazards or violations to management immediately
- Assist Process Technicians with installation of next tooling
(Getting next tool ready, removing previous skids, Assisting in crane operations)
- Remove tooling from previous production run and safely store in designated areas
- Thoroughly clean machine in preparation for future production runs
- Document settings for the tooling that is removed to aid in the next startup
- Supply production with all paperwork and forms to enable them to operate the machine and process
- Maintain a clean work area
- Request and or perform minor machine repairs
- Work closely with Tool Shop to insure tooling is in working condition
- Make suggestions to improve and/or reduce total tool change time
- Adhere to all Tray-Pak established Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist with tool prep and tooling preventative maintenance
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in a job that required use of tools for equipment changeover preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive stand up fork truck
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Mechanical knowledge and aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
Special Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, stooping, crawling, climbing ladders
- Fine dexterity of hands and fingers for handling small parts or equipment
- Push/pull/lift capacity of approximately 40-50 pounds.
- Ability to lift overhead