Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) is a resin in the polyester family used in many thermoforming applications including food, personal care, medical and other consumer product packaging.
- Outstanding clarity
- Strong yet lightweight
- Hygenic and safe for direct food contact
- Resists cracking
- Barrier to moisture and gas
- Can be colored or tinted
Tray-Pak processes several types of PET, including:
APET (Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate)
- APET is virgin PET with high clarity and luster
RPET (Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate)
- Environmentally responsible material with 25 – 100% of recycled content
PETG (Polyethylene Terephthalate glycol-modified)
- PETG is a modified PET enhanced for superb strength and impact resistance
- TerraPET is PET blend consisting of up to 30% renewable content derived from sugar cane.