The HR Generalist is responsible for establishing strong and effective working relationships with internal and external customers to promote and support positive employee relations, company culture, and employee engagement efforts. This position requires a strong hands-on HR floor presence to effectively delivery a broad scope of Human Resource services as an extension of the Corporate Human Resource functional department.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with department leadership and assist, coordinate, or facilitate initiatives that support employee related key objectives.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Recommend new employee related approaches, policies, procedures, initiatives, engagement activities etc. to impact continual improvement.
EMPLOYEE WELFARE, WELLNESS AND HEALTH
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR records
- Administer disability and worker’s compensation claims.
- Lead the Wellness Committee and assist to develop, coordinate, and drive wellness initiatives throughout the organization.
- Responsible for maintaining and sustaining consistent HR practices, policies, and programs in accordance with corporate standards as well as local, state, and federal legal compliances.
- Establish daily floor presence in both plants assisting employees and Managers by fielding HR related questions, interpreting and explaining HR policies, providing answers to inquiries in areas such as Payroll, Benefits, Safety, and Worker’s Compensation etc.
- Partner with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Participate in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
EMPLOYMENT AND ONBOARDING
- Manage the recruitment process of hourly employees (full time and temporary) using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Assist in developing and implementing new and innovative initiatives to attract and retain employees.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in employee and safety orientation – fostering positive attitude toward organizational policies and objectives.
- Assist in the development of training materials for new training programs or modification of existing materials. Maintain employee training records.
COMPANY EMPLOYEE COMMUNICATION
- Assist in the coordination of employee announcements, activities, luncheons, and events planning.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFIT ADMINISTRATION
- Provide day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees through proper process of claim issues.
- Assist with annual open enrollment activities.
HUMAN RESOURCE INFORMATION SYSTEMS (HRIS)
- Maintain employee-related databases. Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- General administrative clerical support for the HR Department.
- Prepare and submit forms, reports, and schedules as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate Degree in Business required, BS Degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of HR experience required; Generalist experience within a Manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Experience with ADP or other HRIS/Payroll systems
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification preferred, not required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management in multi-functional departments.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Skillful at facilitating orientation & training requirements for all levels of employees, supervision and management.
- Ability to be flexible and meeting with employees on off shift schedules.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Proven conflict resolution skills; be able to think through relatively complex issues and arrive at well-thought conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Able to impact and effect positive change with a flexible, open-minded, positive approach.