To grind and package plastic web / trays for reprocessing by material suppliers in accordance to specified requirements.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grind scrap materials following operational procedures for regrind
- Set-up containers with plastic liners
- Remove full and return empty web containers to production floor. Each container shall be properly marketed with colored coded material tags
- Record regrind weights
- Maintain the cleanliness of the area
- Maintain safe operation of Forklift used for movement of materials
- Participate on cross functional work teams when necessary
- Follow established safety procedures associated with the Grinder Equipment
- Responsible for established procedures for Grinder Clean Out (if applicable )
- Responsible for all required Lock Out / Tag Out procedures for Grinder Clean Out (if applicable)
- Adherence to TPC Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) & QSM Processes /Procedures as defined
- Any other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in manufacturing operation helpful
- Tray-Pak Forklift Certification will be provided & required to operate any PIV
- LO/TO Training (if applicable) will be provided & required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effective communicate both written and verbal
- Basic proficiency in English including the ability to understand and execute instructions on the manufacturing floor.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking, Bending, Sitting, Standing, Reaching above shoulder
- Lifting and push / pull – light to moderate weight