||The Machinist sets up and operates machine tools and fits and assembles parts to make or repair molds, tools or machines.
||Essential Tasks to be completed:
- Making of new or replacement molds or parts.
- Using pre-specified measurements
- Following the design of already existing parts
- Following the fabrication of broken parts
- Following on paper design specifications
- Measurement of parts.
- Old parts
- New parts
- Determining of compliance with specifications
- Reworking of parts as necessary to be in compliance with specifications
- Polishing and drilling of molds as needed.
- Performing in a safety conscious manner at all times.
- Performing job duties in conformance with established company guidelines.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED; and/or equivalent experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Applies knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and layout machining procedures.
- Studies specifications, such as blueprint, sketch or description of part or tool to be built or repaired and plans sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to layout stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates lathe, milling machine, or grinder to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of parts to specifications, using measuring instruments such as vernier calipers, micrometers, height gages and gage blocks.