- The Process Engineer is responsible for Tray-Pak Corporation’s thermoforming processes pertaining to existing and new products and materials. Assist in developing a culture so Continuous Improvement, Process Control and Quality outcomes work inside of each other.
Major Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Embrace the company’s Safety and Quality programs
- Serve as one of the company’s Processing SME (Subject Matter Expert).
- Assist TPC’s development of a culture that understands the need for continuous improvement, process control and quality improvements all at the same time empowering people.
- Provide daily and timely support to maintenance and production in preventing and resolving problems
- Leading, facilitating, executing and managing projects which deliver significant cost savings by deploying GMP of processes, materials and tooling.
- Assist CI Manager and Engineering with continuous improvement events yielding immediate results.
- Facilitate cross-functional processing teams.
- Develop and conduct thermoforming process training
- Acquire, maintain and analyze data for thermoforming performance
- Assist in development of tooling methods and assist in design, fabrication, assembly and start-up of new tools.
- Maintain a positive, persuasive and motivated people empowered atmosphere.
- Be able to plan and manage process and material events and liaise with appropriate departments
- Provide oral and written reports as required to describe project status, identify potential problem areas and present recommended corrective actions.
- Effective and collaborative problem solving skills
- Performs other duties as required from time to time
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Engineering or Plastics and Polymer Science degree
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of manufacturing or engineering experience, including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory or management experience
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the plastics processing industry and the ability to learn Tray-Pak’s unique manufacturing processes, tool design and tool building techniques.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required to effectively interact with all levels of company employees and staff, outside business contacts, and customers
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface effectively with all levels of company employees and staff, outside business contacts and customers
- Demonstrated complex mathematical skills as they apply to engineering and design criteria.
- Demonstrated computer skills including database, spreadsheet, presentation, and word processing applications.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Special Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Typical office and factory environments to perform a variety of tasks concurrently.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
- Overnight travel: as required.