The CNC Operator would be responsible for material preparation, machine setup and the running of programs written by the CNC Programming.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be responsible for operating multiple CNC machines at the same time.
- Must have ability to multi task.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work in a diverse, team oriented Environment.
- Have the ability to read blueprints, proper use of measuring instruments.
- Inspect using basic inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, depth gage, etc.).
- Adherence to lockout/tag out requirements, all plant safety /OSHA guidelines.
- Experience in operating high tech machines, set up of same, follow process Documentation to achieve 100% compliance.
- Understand and support continuous improvement techniques and processes.
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interact with CNC programmers and tool shop personnel.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- And any other tasks asked of by the CNC Supervisor.
- General Mechanical Ability
- 2-4 Years of CNC Machine Operation is preferred
- Basic knowledge of MasterCAM software is also preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- General Machining knowledge
- Knowledge in the use of Calipers, micrometers, depth gauges and other inspection equipment.
- Must be able to safely use a lift or hoist to load large plates into machines.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work may require some lifting and placing of smaller material blocks into machine without the use of a lift or hoist.
- Job tasks may involve the use of power equipment such as drill presses and band saws during material block preparation.