Responsible for the day-to-day operation of Thermoforming production, ensuring a safe working environment, a quality product in accordance with customer specifications and product standards as well as manufacturing productivity standards set forth by TPC.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned production lines to include but not limited to; Safety, Quality and Productivity.
- Responsible for working in a manner that respects the health and safety of the individual and their environment in accordance with the Safety policies and procedures and/or OSHA regulations.
- Coordinate the work of the assigned Packers to ensure smooth, safe, and productive results.
- Accurately read and comprehend instructions for gauges, instruments, etc., needed to ensure the manufacture of quality product.
- Adhere to Tray-Pak Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and maintain a clean work area.
- Support the Tray Pack Continuous Improvement initiative by contributing to projects and efforts in manufacturing to enhance department metrics and improve work flow.
- Recommend methods to enhance safety awareness/environment, product quality, equipment performance and productivity.
- Complete all necessary quality checks and accurately record all data and respond as required to any product that is out of specifications.
- Identify out-of-spec product and place product On-Hold
- Prepare and load raw materials, remove material web, monitor and fill the silicone bath.
- Make adjustments to machinery (as trained or directed by qualified personnel) within process windows in order to make quality part.
- Accurately collect, record and maintain all relevant data used in the reporting of manufacturing.
- Assist in the training and development of new Operators.
- Request any tool and/or machine repairs as needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of Operator Training Program with demonstrated comprehension and performance.
- Successful completion of all Safety Training required for the position with demonstrated familiarity of safety equipment and practices related to the machines and operation of the machines.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of hourly employees as well as management.
- Must be able to comprehend, retain and carry-out oral and written instructions to complete job duties.
- Must be able to plan own work activities, as well as coordinate activities with supporting areas.
- Must be able to work alone and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Basic technical / mechanical skills in the use of hand tools, measuring devices, and micrometers.
- Basic proficiency in English including the ability to understand and execute instructions on the manufacturing floor.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand and walk for majority of shift while performing job duties, lift/push/pull objects (estimated carry weight 50lbs), bend, stoop, twist, reach over head.
- Capable of safe and proper use of basic hand tools, including manual and power assisted material handling equipment.