||Maintain all Tray-Pak facilities, production equipment and support systems at optimal efficiency and productivity, consistent with safety practices, operating costs and customer shipping commitments. Represent management in the event of a managerial absence. Perform technical training for new employees. Conduct training for existing employees to upgrade skill levels as needed to support new and emerging technologies and processes.
- Support Tray-Pak’s #1 Objective of Safety in the workplace by identifying and correcting any safety related hazardous condition observed or reported.
- Coordinate and schedule machine PM activities and direct PM mechanics.
- Expertly trouble-shoot machinery for faulty mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical, and PLC malfunctions and repair/replace as required.
- Make major machine repairs and/or adjustments as requested by a Supervisor or Manager.
- Fabricate fixtures, parts, tools and support equipment, utilizing machine shop practices and equipment, such as: Lathe, Milling Machines, Drill Presses, Saws, Welder, and Hand Tools.
- Possess necessary skills to read electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic drawings and blue prints to troubleshoot equipment.
- Design and manufacture specialized support machinery and parts as required or assigned.
- Perform major wiring installations on buildings and facilities including low voltage control, 480V three phase, and 120V.
- Repair material handling equipment and direct periodic preventive maintenance.
- Order necessary parts and tools.
- Maintain and track spare parts inventory.
- Interface with shipping and receiving to get parts into the hands of the maintenance staff on a timely basis.
- Maintain daily log of important job activities as information for subsequent shifts and management and complete maintenance and reporting duties required by the Computerize Maintenance management System (CMMS).
- Report all observed safety hazards or violations to management immediately.
- Perform all functions related to building and equipment maintenance when applicable.
- Perform cleaning tasks as needed to maintain AIB certification when requested.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Master Mechanic and instruct lesser skilled mechanics to advance their knowledge level.
- Monitor parts usage and maintain adequate inventory.
- Conduct short term and long term training (1 day to several weeks) for new employees on technical topics that may be needed by the new employee for their position. This could be maintenance or production related (mechanic, changeover).
- Conduct training of existing employees to distribute information on new technology as it relates to equipment or process. Examples include training other maintenance employees on newly purchased equipment, or training tool changers on proper methods for removal or installation of tools.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree or higher required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience performing maintenance tasks within a manufacturing environment.
- Some supervision/team leader experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Computer literacy skills to enable the use of new programs (like Siemens PLC, Allen Bradley PLC, B&R PLC, IQMS, CMMS systems, Macola, PLCs, Monitoring systems, etc.)
- Ability to contact and deal directly with vendors on applications that are needed to satisfy maintenance department projects.
- Be proactive in all maintenance
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Mechanical, Electrical and analytical abilities in multiple functions including: electrical diagnostics, servo drives, machine controls, PLCs, carpentry, plumbing, fabrication, machine repair.
- User proficiency of Windows Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, use of email).
- Must have tools [Annual Tool Reimbursement Allowance provided].
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team environment.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
||The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, sitting, bending, climbing, stooping, crawling, climbing ladders
- Fine dexterity of hands and fingers for handling small parts or equipment
- Push/pull/lift capacity of approximately 40-50 pounds.
- Ability to lift overhead
- Ability to work at elevated heights; e.g., scissors lift, cherry picker, roof, etc.